Whether you’re looking for a fun excursion, a venue for your swimming carnival, or an integrated component of your PE program, we are here to help.
School carnivalsOur 25 metre lap pool is available for school swimming carnivals.
Bookings can be made by calling our staff on (03) 5668 1563.
We can tailor a term 1 swimming lesson program for your school.
Our YMCA Swimming Lesson Program is fully mapped to and aligned with Victorian Essential Learning Standards. We provide programs suitable for primary or secondary school students. In a practical environment students will develop physical skills, knowledge and understanding of a range of aquatic situations and participate in essential water safety and survival skills education.
Classes are usually run in the following format:
- children are assessed at the start of the program and placed in their correct group for the duration of the program
- classes run once a week for around 30 minutes
- classes have a teacher to student ratio of 1:10.
Programs can be tailored to suit the age group. Our AquaSafe Aquatic Education is fully mapped to and aligned with Victorian Essential Learning Standards (VELS). Programs include:
- Aquatic Adventure – for fun, skill and challenge
- biathlon training – combining athletics and aquatics
- AquaSafe theory – within school
- AquaSafe Aquatic Education – with a focus on water safety and personal survival
- water polo – introductory skills and drills
- underwater hockey – introduction to the skills and rules.
Bookings can be made directly by calling the centre on (03) 5668 1563.